Willy and Laura are walking through their garden, just after Kara and Jim left. (威利與蘿拉在卡拉和吉姆離開後,走過家裡的花園。)
Willy:It was good to see them again. So few of our old friends stop by to visit us anymore. (威利:能再看到他們真好,會來我們家玩的老朋友很少了。)
Laura:Talking with them made me remember the good old days. We used to have so much fun before we moved here. (蘿拉:跟他們說說話讓我回想起以前的好時光, 在搬到這以前,我們一直有很多樂趣的。)
Willy:And our old neighborhood was much more friendly than this area. The way people behave here is so fake. (威利:而且我們以前的鄰居也比這個區域的要友善多了, 在這裡,人們的行為表現都好做作。)
Laura:Jim and Kara don't know how lucky they are. (蘿拉:吉姆和卡拉不知道他們有多幸運呢。)
Willy:I was just thinking the same thing. (威利:我的想法和你一樣。)
I wonder what it would be like to ...... 不知道......會是什麼感覺。 I wonder what it would be like to ...... 是「不知道......會是什麼感覺。」之意。當你嘗試想像某事物,希望知道那是什麼情況、什麼感覺時,便可利用此句型。
照樣造句→
ex:I wonder what it would be like to date him. (不知道跟他約會是什麼感覺。)
ex:I wonder what it would be like to live with him. (不知道跟他住在一起是什麼感覺。)
ex:I wonder what it would be like to be a millionaire. (不知道成為百萬富翁會是什麼感覺。)
ex:I wonder what it would be like to go hang gliding. (不知道去做滑翔翼運動是什麼感覺。)
ex:I wonder what it would be like to live on a southern island. (不知道在南島生活是什麼感覺。)