John:The Lotus Hotel--very nice! The Lotus has a reputation for some of the best views of the city skyline. (約翰:蓮花飯店--太棒了!蓮花以能眺見本市最棒的一些天際建築輪廓著稱。)
Terry:Yeah, another sales rep from the company stayed here once. He said the same thing. (泰瑞:是阿,公司另一個業務代表住過這裡,他也這麼說。)
John:I'm not surprised--the Lotus is very popular with business people. Let's get you checked in so you can get freshened up before the banquet. (約翰:我不驚訝--蓮花頗受商務人士的歡迎。我們去辦理您的住宿手續, 好讓您可以在宴會開始之前梳洗一下。)
Terry:I hear that! I'm looking forward to that shower and a change of clothes. (泰瑞:太好了!我好期待洗澡換衣服。)
John:The Lotus has all the amenities--there's a business center and they even offer secretarial service, for a price, of course. (約翰:蓮花的設施一應俱全--有商務中心,他們甚至還提供秘書服務; 當然,那是需要付費的。)
Terry:I don't think I'll need it, but it's good to know it's available if I do. (泰瑞:我想我用不到,不過知道需要時有得用感覺蠻好的。)
John:Would you like me to arrange for a wake-up call? (約翰:您需要我幫忙安排電話鬧鈴嗎?)
Terry:No thanks, John--no need. I brought my trusty travel alarm clock! (泰瑞:不,謝了,約翰--不需要。我自己帶了可靠的旅行鬧鐘。)
必通句型
.The (name) Hotel has a reputation for.... (名稱)飯店以......著稱。 .We've already reserved you a.... 我們已經幫您訂了一間......。 .Let's get you checked in so you can.... 我們去辦理您的住宿手續,好讓您......。 .Do you prefer a... room? 您較喜歡......房嘛? .I believe (location) has/have wireless Internet access. 我想(地點)可以無線上網。 .This hotel (or hotel name) is very popular with.... 這家飯店(或飯店名稱)頗受......的歡迎。 .This hotel has all the amenities--there's.... 這家飯店的設施一應俱全--有......。 .Would you like me to arrange for...? 您需要我幫忙安排......嗎?
I've never realized how …... you ...... 我從來不知道......你多麼地......。 I've never realized how ...... 是「我從來不知道.......你多麼地.......。」之意。當你發現對方令人意外的一面時,便可利用此句型來表達。
照樣造句 →
ex:I've never realized how hard you work. (我從來不知道你工作有多努力。)
ex:I've never realized how much you contribute to us. (我從來不知道你對我們多麼有貢獻。)
ex:I've never realized how stingy you are. (我從來不知道你有多吝嗇。)
ex:I've never realized how narrow-minded you are. (我從來不知道你心胸有多狹窄。)
ex:I've never realized how fast you run. (我從來不知道你跑得有多快。)