John:Everybody, there's someone I'd like you to meet. This is Terry──he's visiting the Trenix factory here in Taiwan. (約翰:各位,有一個人我想介紹給大家認識。這位是泰瑞──他來台灣參觀川尼斯工廠)
Tanya:Look who's back in town! Well, I guess it was London where I saw you last, right? (譚雅:瞧瞧誰回來了!嗯,我想我上次看到你是在倫敦,對吧?)
Terry:Hi Tanya. (泰瑞:嗨,譚雅。)
John:I totally forgot! You already know Tanya. And you remember James from the show in London last year,too? (約翰:我全忘了!您已經認識譚雅。您也還記得去年倫敦會展上的詹姆斯嘛?)
Terry:Of course. How's it going, James? Nice to see you again. (泰瑞:當然。一切好嗎,詹姆斯?真高興再看到你。)
James:Good to see you too, Terry. (詹姆斯:我也很高興再見到你,泰瑞。)
John:Terry, this is Regina. I believe you might have already spoken to her on the telephone. (約翰:泰瑞,這位是瑞婕娜。我相信您可能已經和她通過電話了。)
Terry:I did indeed. Hi Regina. It's nice to finally put a face to the name. (泰瑞:我的確是。嗨!真高興終於看到妳的臉。)
Regina:Hi Terry. Nice to meet you in person. (瑞婕娜:嗨,泰瑞,很高興看到你本人。)
必通句型
.Look who's back in town! (非正式,發自內心熱忱地說) 瞧瞧誰回來了! .(Person 1), you remember (Person 2) from (place,event, etc.).(非正式) (某甲),你記得(地方、事件等)的(某乙)吧。 .I believe you (might) have already spoken to (Person) on the telephone. 我相信您(可能)已經和(某人)通過電話了。
ex:Mr. Cooper, I'd like to ask you a question. (庫柏先生,我想請問你一個問題。)
ex:I'd like to ask a question concerning our company's refund policies. (我想對公司的退款政策提出一個問題。)
ex:I'm curious to know how you're going to budget your project. (我很好奇想知道你的計畫要如何編列預算。)
ex:What do you mean by bottom-up management? (你說的由下而上的管理是什麼意思?)
ex:How are you going to market the new product? (你打算如何行銷新產品?)
重點提示
.發問 ask a question 提出問題時,可以用"ask + 人 + a question"或"ask a question of + 人"這兩個句型。 .我想請問一下~I'd like to ask ~ / Let me ask~ .我很好奇想知道~ I'm curious to know ~ 除了直接問「~是什麼?」之外,也可以用「想知道;很 好奇」的方式來提問。 .你的意思是~ Do you mean~? 這是用來確認對方言下之意的句子。另外,也可說成 Are you saying that~?。 .如何~? How~? 詢問方法或手段時就用疑問詞 How 起始。若是問時間和頻率,就可以說 How soon ~?