Terry:I feel so good after that. Honestly, I feel like a new man. (泰瑞:泡完之後我覺得真舒服。老實說,我覺得煥然一新。)
John:For recharging the batteries, you can't beat a day at the spa. A hot spring bath never fails to make me feel like I can take on the world. (約翰:要充電的話,什麼都比不上一天的水療。 洗一次溫泉總是能讓我覺得自己能夠應付全世界。)
Terry:I don't want to go back to the office.... (泰瑞:我不想回辦公室了......。)
John:We're not going yet. I want to treat you to a massage. I've booked us both in for half-hour massages. You're gonna love it. There are so many different kinds. They've got Swedish, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Deep Tissue, Tui Na..., whatever you want. (約翰:我們還沒要回去,我想請您去按摩,我已經幫我們兩個預約好約半小時的按摩, 您一定會喜歡。有很多種不同的類型,他們有瑞典式、穴道按摩、日式指壓、深 層組織、推拿......,任君挑選。)
Terry:Awesome! I always feel wonderful after a massage. (泰瑞:太棒了!每次按摩後,我都覺得全身舒暢。)
John:What kind do you have in mind? (約翰:您想做哪一種呢?)
Terry:I don't know yet. I'll let you know when we get there. (泰瑞:我現在還不知道。等我們到那裡,我再跟你說。)
John:Well, let's go! (約翰:好,那我們走吧。)
必通句型
.I want to treat you to (type of service). 我想請您去(服務類型)。 .I always feel (adj.) after a.... 一次......之後,我總覺得(形容詞)。 .For..., you can't beat.... 要......,什麼都比不上......。 .I've booked us in for.... 我已經幫我們兩個預約好了.......。
ex:Now it's time to make a decision. (現在是該做出決定的時候了。)
ex:Why don't we postpone that decision? (我們何不之後再決定?)
ex:Let me summarize what we've agreed on. (讓我總結一下我們已同意的事項。)
ex:Let me just go over the decisions we've reached. (讓我重複一遍大家達成的協議。)
ex:Is that clear? (清楚嗎?)
重點提示
◆ 做出決定 reach a decision ◆ 延期;推遲 postpone (v.) 如果要「延遲做決定」的話,就是 postpone that decision。另外,put off / delay 也具相同意思。 ◆ 總結 summarize / sum up / recap 講結論之前,若要先說「總結來說」的話,可以用“ To sum up” 或“ In short”。 ◆ 重新再來一遍 go over 除了指「重複」之外,也有「跨過;超過」的意思。 ◆ 清楚的;明白的 clear (adj.) 此字除了可用以形容天氣晴朗或型態透明之外,也常用來表示事實 或邏輯很「明瞭」,因此 Is that clear? 即有「有聽懂我的話嗎?」之意。