Penny:Good afternoon, Steve. The reason I'm calling is that Mr. Liu would like to hold a meeting to discuss the big European project this week. Can you tell me when you are available this week? (潘妮:午安,史提夫。我打電話過來因為劉先生想要在這星期開會討論那歐洲的大專 案。能不能告訴我你這週何時有空?)
Steve:I think Tuesday or Wednesday would be best for me. (史提夫:我想星期二或星期三對我會最方便。)
Penny:When is convenient for you on Tuesday? (潘妮:你星期二何時方便呢?)
Steve:In the afternoon is most convenient, between 2 and 4 o'clock. (史提夫:下午兩點到四點之間最方便。)
Penny:Thank you, Steve. I'll get back to you after I contact the others. (潘妮:謝謝你,史提夫。我先去聯絡其他人,回頭再通知你。)
Penny contacts Darren. (潘妮和達倫聯絡。)
Darren:Hello, this is Darren speaking. (達倫:喂,我是達倫。)
Penny:Hi Darren, this is Penny, Mr. Liu's secretary. I'm calling about a meeting Mr. Liu wants to have about the European project. What is your schedule like on Tuesday afternoon? (潘妮:嗨,達倫,我是劉先生的秘書潘妮。 我打電話過來想和你討論一下劉先生要召開的一個有關歐洲專案的會議。 你星期二下午的時間是如何安排?)
Darren:That's a good time for me. (達倫:我那時間可以。)
Penny:Great! I'll call you later to confirm the time. (潘妮:好極了,那我等會兒再打電話給你確認一下時間。)
Penny contacts Brenda Hillsbury. (潘妮跟布蘭達.希斯貝里聯絡。)
Penny:Hello Brenda, this is Penny. Mr. Liu has called an important meeting to discuss the European construction project. Are you free on Tuesday afternoon? (潘妮:喂,布蘭達,我是潘妮。劉先生決定召開一個重要會議,討論那個歐洲建築 工程的專案。你星期二下五有空嗎?)
Brenda:Let me check my schedule first. Let's see... hmm... I'm sorry, I'm busy at that time. Wednesday would be much better for me. (布蘭達:讓我先看一下我的時間表。我看看……嗯……抱歉,我那時間有事。 星期三對我會方便得多。)
Penny:OK, I will let Mr. Liu know that. I'll talk to you later about this, Brenda. Bye for now. (潘妮:好,我會讓劉先生知道這狀況。我之後再跟你討論這件事情,布蘭達,就先這樣 了。)
必通句型
.Can you tell me when you are available? 可不可以告訴我你何時有空? .When is convenient for you? 你什麼時候方便? .Are you free (on a day/at a time)?你(日期/時間)有空嗎? .Is (day/time) OK with you?你(日期/時間)可以嗎?