Terry:I had no idea Gina was such a talented singer. (泰瑞:我不知道吉娜是這麼有天分的唱將。)
John:She's amazing! (約翰:她很厲害!)
Terry:Tell me about it. Her voice is very strong, especially for her size. (泰瑞:我知道。她的聲音非常渾厚,尤其以她的體型來說。)
John:We have another microphone if you'd like to join in. (約翰:如果您想加入的話,我們有另一隻麥克風。)
Terry:This song is a little too difficult for me. I could never pull it off! (泰瑞:這首歌對我來說有點太難,我絕對不可能唱好的!)
John:Me neither. (Clapping.) Nice job, Gina! That was a really stirring rendition of that song. (約翰:我也不行。(拍手)唱得好,吉娜!剛才那首歌詮釋地真是太動人了。)
Terry:Ahhh...here's one I like. It's an old Beatles song that I remember from when I was growing up. John, please pass me the remote control. (泰瑞:啊……這裡有首我最喜歡的歌,一首我成長開始就記得的披頭四老歌。)
John:(Handing the remote to Terry.) Here you are. But aren't most Beatles songs from the 60s? (約翰:(比遙控器遞給泰瑞)給您。但披頭四的歌大部分不都來自六O年代嗎?)
Terry:I'm older than you think, John! (泰瑞:我比你想的還要老,約翰!)
必通句型
.I had no idea (somebody) was/were such a(n).... 我不知道(某人)是這樣的......。 .(Somebody's) voice is very (adj.) (某人的)聲音非常(形容詞)。 .Please pass me.... 請把......遞給我。
ex:Can you put me through to Mr. Harris? (可以請你幫我轉哈利斯先生嗎?)
ex:How can I reach Mr. Baker? (請問要如何聯繫到貝克先生?)
ex:I'll give you his extension in case you get disconnected. (為了避免待會兒電話斷線,我給您他的分機。)
重點提示
◆ (請)稍等 hang on / hold on 兩者皆為「請等一下」之意。 ◆ 我幫您轉接 I'll put you through. put through 指「轉接電話」。 ◆ 請幫我轉~Can you put me through to ...? 也可以說 Can I speak to ...? ◆ 請問要怎樣可以聯繫上~? How can I reach ...? 這個句子帶有請對方轉接給某人, 或是詢問某人電話號碼的語感。reach 指「與~用電話聯絡」。 ◆ 分機號碼 extension number 通常會省略只說 extension。