Mr. Huang:How is the food, Mr. Matthews? (黃先生:菜還可以嗎,馬修士先生?)
Terry:Everything is just excellent, thanks.... (泰瑞:每一道菜都很棒,謝謝......。)
Mr. Huang:The peppered beef is delicious, isn't it? (黃先生:這道胡椒牛肉很好吃,不是嗎?)
Terry:Absolutely wonderful, although I like the Kung Pao Chicken even better! (泰瑞:的確非常美味,雖然我更喜歡宮保雞丁!)
Mr. Huang:Have you had Szechuan food before? (黃先生:您之前曾吃過四川菜嗎?)
Terry:I've had some of these dishes before back in the hometown where I live, but it was nothing like this ——I feel like I'm in food heaven! (泰瑞:我以前在我住的老家曾吃過這菜其中幾樣, 但都不像這樣——我覺得我在美食天堂!)
Mr. Huang:Will you have some more of the spinach? (黃先生:您要不要再來一點菠菜?)
Terry:Thanks, don't mind if I do.... (Helping himself.) (泰瑞:謝謝,別介意我再吃一些......。(自取))
Mr. Huang:Szechuan cuisine is known for being spicy. I hope it's not too hot for your taste.... (黃先生:川菜以辣出名,希望您不會覺得太辣不對您口味......。)
Terry:Not at all——I like it hot! (泰瑞:完全不會——我就是喜歡辣!)
必通句型
.Will you have some more of......? 您要不要再來一點......? .......cuisine is known for being(adj.). ......菜以......出名。
ex:OK. Will you give him a message for me? (好。可以請你幫我留言給他嗎?)
ex:Let me get something to write on. (讓我拿張紙記下來。)
ex:Please tell him Luke Nelson called. (請轉告他路克尼爾森有來電。)
ex:Could you ask her to return my call? (可以請她回電給我嗎?)
重點提示
◆ 接受留言 take a message 動詞用 take,而不用 receive。 ◆ 傳達留言 give the message 因為是傳達訊息「給」別人,所以在對象前直接加上介系詞 to 就好。 ◆ 留言用的紙 something to write on 若要說「留言用的筆」,則是something to write with。