Terry:So, John, you say we're going to karaoke tonight? (泰瑞:所以,約翰,你說我們今天晚上要去卡拉OK?)
John:Yeah. KTV is really popular with business people in Taiwan. (約翰:是啊。KTV在台灣非常受商業人士的歡迎。)
Terry:I've heard that, but... I think maybe I should get back to the hotel for some rest. (泰瑞:我聽說過,但......我想也許我應該回飯店休息。)
John:Oh, come on, Terry!This will be a great chance for you to see how we unwind after a hard day. (約翰:噢,拜託,泰瑞!這將是您看看我們如何在辛苦一天後放鬆的好機會。)
Terry:OK, but I'm warning you:I'm not much of a singer. (泰瑞:好吧,但我先警告你:我不怎麼會唱歌。)
John:Don't worry—it's a private room so you don't have to worry about singing in front of total strangers. You'll be among friends! (約翰:別擔心—是私人包廂,所以您不必擔心要在完全陌生的人面前唱歌。 您的周圍都會是朋友!)
Terry:But I can't read Chinese! How can I sing? (泰瑞:可是我看不懂中文!我要怎麼唱?)
John:No problem—the songs are mostly in Mandarin, but they have English songs, too. (約翰:沒問題—雖然大部分都是國語歌曲,但他們也有英文歌。)
Terry:Do I get a prize or anything if I sing well? (泰瑞:我唱得好的話有獎品或什麼東西嗎?)
John:No, you get something even more important:face! (約翰:沒有,但您得到更重要的:面子!)
必通句型
.(Something) is really popular with (somebody) in (some place). (某事)在(某地)非常受(某人)的歡迎。 .It's a private room, so you don't have to worry about.... 這是私人包廂,所以你不必擔心......。