Darren:Hello, my name is Darren Jiang. I'm calling from WHT in Taipei. May I speak to Freda Waterston please? (達倫:喂,我是達倫.江。我從WHT台北辦事處打來。 能不能麻煩請佛瑞達.瓦森特接電話?)
Receptionist:Do you know the extension number for Ms. Waterston? (櫃檯:你知道瓦森特小姐的分機號碼嗎?)
Darren:No, I'm sorry. I don't. (達倫:抱歉,我不知道。)
Receptionist:That's OK. Let me check. Yes, her extension number is 316. One moment please. I'll put you through. (櫃檯:沒關係。讓我查一下。是的,她的分機號碼是316。請稍後, 我幫你轉過去。)
Darren:Thank you. (達倫:謝謝。)
Bob:Good morning. This is Bob Jenkins. (鮑伯:早安,我是鮑伯.詹金斯。)
Darren:Oh, hello. I'm looking for Freda Waterston. (達倫:噢,你好。我找佛瑞達.瓦森特。)
Bob:I'm sorry. You've got the wrong number. Her extension number is 361, not 316. I'll transfer you. (鮑伯:抱歉,你撥錯號碼了。她的分機是361,不是316。我幫你轉。)
Darren's call is transferred.(達倫的電話被轉接過去。)
Darren:Hello, is this Freda Waterston? (達倫:喂,請問是佛瑞達.瓦森特嗎?)
Freda:Yes, speaking. (佛瑞達:是,我就是。)
Darren:Ms. Waterston, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about a project I'm working on. (達倫:瓦森特小姐,我在想,不知道你能不能回答我幾個關於我現在正在做的一項專案 的問題。)
Freda:May I ask who's calling? (佛瑞達:請問您是哪位?)
Darren:Sorry, this is Darren Jiang from WHT in Taipei. (達倫:抱歉,我是WHT台北辦事處的達倫.江。)
Freda:Hi Darren. What can I do for you? (佛瑞達:嗨,達倫。我能幫你什麼忙?)
必通句型
.Is (name) in? (姓名)在嗎? .I'm looking for (name). 我找(姓名)。 .Speaking.(當某人要找的人正是你時) 我就是。 .May I ask who's calling?(當來電者未自我介紹時) 請問您是哪位?