Joyce:Thanks for telling me your ideas for improving our production efficiency. (喬伊絲:謝謝你把提高我們生產效率的構想告訴我。)
Kenny:No problem. Is everything clear? (肯尼:小意思。一切都清楚嗎?)
Joyce:I understand what you mean. Do you mind if I ask some questions? (喬伊絲:我了解你的意思。你介意我問一些問題嗎?)
Kenny:Not at all. Go ahead. (肯尼:一點都不會啊。請問。)
Joyce:First, could you clarify the point about training the assembly line workers? We already have detailed written instructions for them. (喬伊絲:首先,你可以釐清訓練生產線工人的要點嗎?我們已經有詳細的畫面說明給他 們了。)
Kenny:Oh. I better go over that again. [detailed explanation] (肯尼:喔。我最好再重說一次。〔詳細解釋〕)
Joyce:Thanks. I am clear on that. Could I ask you about the quality controls that you suggested? (喬伊絲:謝謝。我清楚了。我可以請問一下有關你所建議的品管嗎?)
Kenny:Sure. (肯尼:當然。)
Joyce:Could you give me more information about the RFID tags? (喬伊絲:你可以給我更多關於無限射頻識別標籤的訊息嗎?)
Kenny:Yes. [complete information] Do you catch my meaning? (肯尼:好。〔完整的訊息〕你懂我的意思嗎?)
Joyce:Yeah, it makes sense. Thanks for your explanation. (喬伊絲:懂,蠻清楚的。謝謝你的解釋。)
Kenny:Do you need any more information? (肯尼:你還需要什麼訊息嗎?)
Joyce:I think I understand everything. (喬伊絲:我想我一切都了解了。)
Kenny:Oh, I want to make the post-production process clear.[detailed explanation] (肯尼:喔,我想把後製流程說清楚。〔詳細解釋〕)
Joyce:I got it. Thanks! (喬伊絲:我懂了,謝謝!)
必通句型
.I SEE/UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. 我明白/瞭解你是什麼意思。 .WOULD YOU MIND SAYING THAT AGAIN? 你介不介意再說一次。 .COULD YOU GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ...? 你可不可以給我更多關於.....的訊息? .DO YOU CATCH MY MEANING? 你懂我的意思嗎? .DO YOU NEED ANY MORE INFORMATION? 你還需要什麼更多的訊息嗎?
ex:I'd like to reserve a table for two. (我想訂兩個人的桌位。)
ex:I need to cancel my reservation. (我必須取消預約。)
ex:Can I pay with a credit card? (可以用信用卡付款嗎?)
ex:Would you like me to put you on the waiting list? (您要不要我幫您排候補?)
ex:Your reservation has been confirmed. (您的訂位已確認。)
重點提示
◆ 點菜 order (v./n.) 餐廳裡服務生問「準備好點菜了嗎?」就是 Are you readyto order? 或 Can I take your order?。 ◆ 預約 reservation (n.) 一般用 make a reservation 此片語來表達預約的動作。 ◆ 預約~人的桌位 reserve a table for ...... 注意,餐廳訂「位」不用 seat 這個字,而是要說 table, 例如「三個人的桌位」就叫 a table for three。 ◆ 確認預約 confirm the reservation 在英文裡,要表達「確認」大多是用confirm 這個字。