A:I would like to invite you for dinner tomorrow evening. (明天晚上我想請您吃晚餐。)
B:That sounds good. I'd be happy to join you. (聽起來不錯。我就不客氣了。)
A:Do you have any dietary restrictions? (您有什麼不吃的東西嗎?)
B:Well, I have diabetes, so I need to avoid starches as much as possible. (嗯…我有糖尿病,所以我必須盡量避免澱粉類的東西。)
A:I see. That is no problem. What kind of food do you like? (我知道了。那不成問題。您喜歡哪種食物?)
B:I am from the middle of the US, so I like meat. Seafood is okay,too. (我來自美國中部,所以我喜歡肉類。海鮮也可以。)
A:Would you rather eat beef or chicken? (您比較想吃牛肉還是雞肉?)
B:Well, I eat beef so much in the States, so chicken sounds better,actually. (嗯……我在美國很常吃牛肉,所以雞肉似乎比較好。)
A:Do you like spicy food? (您喜歡吃辣的食物嗎?)
B:Sure. (當然。)
A:Okay. Then I know a great restaurant you will like. Would six o'clock suit you? (好,那我知道一家您會喜歡的好餐廳。六點您方便嗎?)
B:Six is fine. (六點可以。)
A:I've invited a few other people. Some of the sales associates would like to get to know you. (我另外約了一些人。有幾個業務夥伴想要認識您。)
B:Sounds nice. How should I dress? (聽起來蠻好的。我應該穿什麼?)
A:Just come as you are. The restaurant is a family-style place. There will be businesspeople in suits and farmers wearing jeans and T-shirts! (隨意就可以了。那家餐廳是家庭式的。那裡會有穿西裝的商界人士, 也會有穿牛仔褲和T恤的農夫!)
必通句型
.WHAT KIND OF FOOD DO YOU LIKE? 你喜歡哪種食物? .WHICH DO YOU PREFER:X OR Y? 您比較喜歡哪個:X或Y? .I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO/FOR .... 我想請您去/吃(或喝).......。 .IS (time) OKAY FOR YOU? (時間)您可以嗎?