Laura:Does anyone have any good gossip? (蘿拉:誰有什麼精彩的八卦嗎?)
Sandra:I've heard from someone that Paul and Brenda are going out with each other. (珊德拉:我聽某人說保羅和布蘭達在約會。)
Darren:What? I can't believe it. Is that really true? (達倫:什麼?我真不敢相信。這是真的嗎?)
Sandra:Steve saw them kissing each other a few days ago. (珊德拉:史提夫幾天前看到他們在接吻。)
Laura:I knew it! I thought they were more than just friends. (蘿拉:我就知道!我就覺得他們不是朋友。)
Darren:That's incredible. Paul told me I shouldn't have an office romance with Brenda because it's too difficult. (達倫:太不可思議了。保羅跟我說我不應該和布蘭達談辦公室戀情, 因為這樣太麻煩了。)
Laura:It doesn't surprise me he told you that. He wanted Brenda for himself. I've got some more gossip. Listen to what I've heard:Paul is quitting WHT. (蘿拉:我並不驚訝他那樣跟你說;他想要獨占布蘭達。我還有更多的八卦。 聽聽我聽說了什麼:保羅要離開WHT了。)
Darren:No way! He's the company's top salesman and sales manager. Where did you hear that? (達倫:不可能!他是公司最頂尖的業務員。又是業務經理。妳從哪裡聽來的?)
Laura:I heard Simon mention it to someone. He's going to a company called Sky-High Engineering. (蘿拉:我聽到賽門跟某個人提起這件事。他要去一家叫天高工程的公司。)
Sandra:I can't believe it! (珊德拉:我真不敢相信!)
Darren:Why not? (達倫:為什麼?)
Sandra:Paul told me that company was in the red and would probably go out of business. What a liar! (珊德拉:保羅告訴我那家公司負債累累,而且可能會倒閉。真是個大騙子!)
Darren:That guy really makes me mad. (達倫:那傢伙真的讓我很生氣。)
必通句型
.I heard from someone that.... 我聽某人說......。 .Listen to what I've heard.... 聽聽我聽說了什麼......。 .Do you have any good gossip? 你有什麼精彩的八卦嗎?
ex:OK, I'll connect you to the international operator. (好的,我幫您轉接國際接線總機。)
ex:I'd like to sign up for the international calling service. (我想申請國際電話服務。)
ex:International calls are cheaper at night. (打國際電話夜間較便宜。)
ex:I'd like to get a calling card. (我想買一張電話卡。)
ex:You have 31 minutes left on your card. (您的電話卡還有三十一分鐘通話時間。)
重點提示
◆
電話卡 calling card 國際電話卡則為 international (phone calling) card。
◆
井字鍵 (#) the pound key 用電話卡打國際電話時會聽到 Please press/enter your phone number followed by the pound key. 這樣的語音,意思是「電話號碼輸入完畢後請按井字鍵」。順帶一提,米字鍵 (*) 的英文是the star key。