Receptionist:Hello, this is the planning department. (總機:喂,這裡是規劃部。)
Darren:Hello. Is Mr. Schneider in? (達倫:喂,史奈德先生在嗎?)
Receptionist:Yes. I'll transfer you. (總機:在,我幫您轉接。)
Darren:Thank you. (達倫:謝謝。)
While Darren is on hold, he checks his stock options on the WHT website. (達倫在線上等待的同時,他到WHT網站上查看了一下他的股票選擇權。)
Receptionist:I'm sorry. The line is busy. Would you like to hold? (總機:對不起,電話忙線中。您要在線上等嗎?)
Darren:OK. (達倫:好的。)
While waiting, it occurs to Darren that he should use Skype for his next international call. (在等的時候,達倫想到下一次他應該用Skype打國際電話。)
Receptionist:I'm sorry. Mr. Schneider is still on another line. Would you like to leave a message or would you like to call back later? (總機:抱歉,史奈德先生還在另一線上。您要留言或稍後再打電話過來?)
Darren:I'd like to leave him a message. Could you tell him that Darren Jiang from WHT in Taipei called? Please ask him to call me at my office. He has my number. (達倫:我想留言給他。能不能請你告訴他WHT台北辦事處的達倫.江打過電話給他? 麻煩請打到我的辦公室來。他有我的電話。)
Receptionist:Certainly, Mr. Jiang. Goodbye. (總機:沒問題,江先生。再見。)
Darren:Goodbye. (達倫:再見。)
Later in the day, Mr. Schneider returns Darren's call. (當天稍晚,史奈德先生回達倫的電話。)
Darren:Hello, this is Darren speaking. (達倫:喂,我是達倫。)
Schneider:Hello Darren, this is Heinz Schneider. (史奈德:喂,達倫,我是漢斯.史奈德。)
Darren:Hi Mr. Schneider. Thank you for returning my call. I have a few questions I want to... (達倫:嗨,史奈德先生,謝謝你回我的電話。我有幾個問題想要......。)
Schneider:Excuse me. The line isn't clear. (史奈德:抱歉,線路不太清楚。)
Darren:I said I have a few questions to ask you... (達倫:我說我有幾個問題要問你.......)
Schneider:What was that? Could you speak up a little? (史奈德:你說什麼?你能說大聲一點嗎?)
Darren:I think there's a problem with your line. I will call you back in a minute. (達倫:我想妳的線路有問題。我稍後再打回去給你。)
必通句型
.I'll transfer you. 我幫你轉接。 .The line is busy. 電話忙線中。 .Would you like to hold? 您要在線上等嗎?