Daphne:Pardon me, is this notebook computer on sale? (戴芬妮:請問一下,這台筆記型電腦是不是在特價?)
Clerk:I'm sorry, that's the regular price. (店員: 抱歉,那是定價。)
Daphne:Is the price negotiable? Can I get a discount? (戴芬妮:價格可以商量嗎?能不能給我一個折扣?)
Clerk:No, I'm sorry. But perhaps you'd like to consider this model. It is 20 percent off the regular price. (店員: 不行,抱歉。不過也許妳想考慮一下這個機型,原價打八折。)
Daphne:Does it come in any other colors than black? (戴芬妮:除了黑色以外,還有其他的顏色嗎?)
Clerk:Yes, we have that model in white. (店員: 有,那個機型我們有白色的。)
Daphne:Can I pay for it with traveler's checks? (戴芬妮:我可不可以用旅行支票付款?)
Clerk:No, I'm sorry, we don't accept them. (店員: 不行,抱歉。我們不收旅行支票。)
Daphne:OK, I'll pay by credit card, then. (戴芬妮:好吧,那我用信用卡付好了。)
Once back at her hotel, she has problems with the computer. She returns to the shop. (一回到飯店,她的電腦就出了問題。她回到店裡。)
Daphne:Hello, do you remember me? I bought a notebook from you a few hours ago. Well, this notebook is defective.It doesn't work properly. I'd like to get a refund on it. (戴芬妮:你好,還記得我嗎?我幾個小時前跟你買了一台筆記型電腦。 嗯,這台電腦有瑕疵。無法正常使用。我想退款。)
Clerk:I'm sorry, our store policy is no refunds. We do offer exchanges, though. (店員: 抱歉,我們店裡的政策是不退款。不過我們可以換貨。)
Daphne:In that case, I'd like to exchange this notebook for another one. Actually, this notebook is a little too large, so can I exchange it for a smaller one? (戴芬妮:那樣的話,我想把這台換成另一台。 事實上這台有點太大,所以我能不能換小一點的?)
Clerk:Certainly. Let's just make sure this new one works well. (店員: 當然可以。我們來確定一下這台新的能夠使用。)
The sales clerk tries the other notebook, and it works fine. (銷售員測試了另一台筆記型電腦,它的運作狀況良好。)
Clerk:There you go. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. (店員: 這是您的。造成您的不便我非常抱歉。)
Daphne:That's all right. Thanks for your assistance. (戴芬妮:沒關係。謝謝你的協助。)
必通詞彙與句型
.I have a reservation for (name) for (number) nights. 我用(名字)預約了(數量)個晚上。 .Could you please have someone show me (sth.)? 可不可以請你們找人帶我參觀(某事物)? .I'd like (sb.) to help me (with sth.). 我想找(某人)幫我(處理某事物)。