Tony:Excuse me, where is the ticket counter? (東尼:對不起,請問售票處在哪裡?)
Woman:It’s over there on the left. (女人:在那邊左側。)
Tony:Thank you. (東尼:謝謝。)
Tony finds the ticket counter.(東尼找到售票櫃臺。)
Clerk:Hello, may I help you? (服務員:您好,我可以幫什麼忙嗎?)
Tony:Hi, how much is the admission fee? (東尼:嗨,門票要多少錢?)
Clerk:It’s five euros each, so that will be €10.00 for the two of you. (服務員:一個人五歐元,所以你們兩位一共是十歐元。)
Cindy:I’ve already pre-registered for the Madrid Electronics Super Show. Where can I pick up my badge? (辛蒂:我已經預先報名參觀馬德里超級電器展了。我可以在哪裡拿識別證呢?)
Clerk:What is your name, please? (服務員:請問您叫什麼名字?)
Cindy:Cindy Kent. (辛蒂:辛蒂.肯特。)
Clerk:Yes, I see your name on the list. There is a special table inside the building marked“Pre-registration Pickup.” You can’t miss it. (服務員:是的,我看到單子上有您的名字。大樓裡面有張特別的桌子,上頭標有「預先報名領取處」。您一定不會錯過的。)
Tony pays the admission fee and enters with Cindy. Cindy finds the pre-registration table and picks up her badge.(東尼付了入場費後和辛蒂一起進去。辛蒂找到預先報名桌並拿到她的識別證。)
Tony:Let’s check out the exhibition booth selling the videogames. (東尼:我們去看看賣電玩的攤子。)
Cindy:Tony, I’m sorry. Those videogames don’t interest me. I’m going to look at that kiosk displaying MP3 players and other recording devices. (辛蒂:東尼,對不起,我對那些電玩沒什麼興趣。我要去看那個展示MP3以及其他錄音器材的攤位。)
Tony:OK, see you later. (東尼:好,待會見。)
Exhibitor:Hello. May I show you a really fun product—one of our new videogames? Have you seen the new game called“PowerBoy?” Would you like a demonstration? (展示員:您好。我拿個很好玩的產品──我們的電玩新品之一給您看看好嗎?您看過叫做「強力男孩」的新遊戲嗎?要不要我示範操作一下呢?)
Tony:Sure. I’m also interested in your game consoles as well. (東尼:好啊。我對你們的操控機也有興趣。)
Exhibitor:Wonderful. Here is our console named“The Machine.” This game console is one of our most popular models. It comes in three different colors: black, blue, and green. (展示員:太好了。這是我們的操控機,就叫做「機器」。這台操控機是我們最搶手的款型之一。有三種不同的顏色:黑色、藍色和綠色。)
Tony:It looks like a good product. (東尼:看起來像是件不錯的產品。)
Tony accidentally drops the videogame.(東尼不小心把電玩弄掉了。)
Tony:Hey, it’s not working. Why doesn’t it work? (東尼:嘿,不能用了。為什麼不能用呢?)
Exhibitor:I think you broke it. (awkward silence) But don’t worry. It’s only a display model. (展示員:我想你把它摔壞了(尷尬的沈默)⋯⋯不過別擔心,那只是展示用的樣品。)
必通詞彙與句型
.Where is the (ticket/check-in) counter? (售票/報到)處在哪裡? .How much is the admission fee to (event)? (活動)的門票要多少錢? .I’ve already pre-registered for (event). 我已經預先報名參加(活動)了。 .Where can I pick up my badge for (event)? 我可以在哪裡拿到參加(活動)的識別證? .Let’s check out the exhibition booth. 咱們去瞧瞧展場攤位。