Mel:As you know, I’m interested in increasing my orders from your company substantially, including importing some different lines as well. I’m willing to offer you $25 per unit on an order of one thousand. (梅爾:妳知道我有興趣大幅加訂妳們公司的產品,包括進口一些不同系列的東西。每一件我願意出價二十五美元,訂一千件。)
Juana:I’m sorry, Mel, the offer is not good enough. What about $32 per unit? (華娜:抱歉,梅爾,你出的價不夠令人滿意。每件三十二美元如何?)
Mel:Juana, I’m afraid I can’t accept that. We have to keep costs down because it’s a very competitive market. A better proposal would be $27. (梅爾:華娜,我恐怕沒辦法接受那個價錢。我們得盡量壓低成本因為市場非常競爭。比較好的出價是二十七美元。)
Juana:You will have to do better than that, Mel. I still can’t make much money on that kind of offer. Would you consider $30? (華娜:你得要多加價才行,梅爾。你出那樣的價錢我還是沒什麼利潤。你願不願意考慮三十美元?)
Mel:This is my best offer: $28. (梅爾:這是我出的最高價:二十八美元。)
Juana:Can you improve your offer somewhat? (華娜:你的價錢能不能再提高一些?)
Mel:No, I’m sorry. That is my final offer, Juana. (梅爾:不行,抱歉。這是我最後的出價,華娜。)
Juana:I can agree on the condition that you order at least 1,500 units. (華娜:如果你訂至少一千五百件,我就同意。)
Mel:I can’t agree to your proposal unless you give me an additional 10 percent discount. (梅爾:除非妳額外給我百分之十的折扣,否則我不能同意妳提的價格。)
Juana:Well, if you increase your order to 2,000 units, then I will give you such a discount. (華娜:嗯,如果你把訂貨量增加到兩千件,那我就給你這樣的折扣。)
Mel:I’m sorry, I need more time to think about that quantity. I’m not in a position to make a decision on an order that large without consulting with my business partner. I don’t want to make a rash decision. (梅爾:很抱歉,那樣的量我需要多一點時間考慮。在沒跟我的合夥人商量之前,我沒有立場做這麼大筆訂單的決定。我不想草率做決定。)
Juana:Why don’t you talk to your partner on the phone today, and we can meet again tomorrow? (華娜:你何不今天跟你的合夥人通個電話,然後我們明天再碰一次面?)
Mel:Fine. I’ll see you tomorrow. (梅爾:好,我們明天見。)
必通詞彙與句型
I am willing to offer you (amount of money). 我願意向你出價(錢數)。
Would you consider (counter-proposal)? 你可不可以考慮(還價)?
This is my best offer: (offer). 這是我出的最高價:(出價)。
Can you improve your offer somewhat? 你出的價能不能多少提高一些?