Daphne:Hello Don, this is Daphne Chiang calling from Taiwan. How are you? (戴芬妮:喂,唐,我是戴芬妮‧江,從台灣打來的。你好嗎?)
Don:Fine, thank you. How are things with you? (唐: 很好,謝謝妳。妳那邊怎麼樣?)
Daphne:Very good, thanks. Don, the reason I’m calling is I’m taking a trip to Madrid in November. While I’m there, I’d like to talk to you about importing some more of your products. (戴芬妮:很好,謝謝。唐,我打電話來是因為我十一月要去一趟馬德里。我在馬德里的時候,想跟你談一下再多進口一些你們產品的事。)
Don:Wonderful. Would you like me to pick you up at the airport, Daphne? It would be no problem at all. (唐: 太好了。要我去機場接你嗎,戴芬妮?絕對不成問題的。)
Daphne:No, don’t worry about it, Don. I’ll be meeting some people at the airport and we plan to make other arrangements to get to our hotel. But thank you very much for the offer. Do you want me to bring you anything from Taiwan? (戴芬妮:不用,不用操心,唐。我在機場會跟一些人碰面,我們打算安排別的方法到飯店。不過很感謝你的提議。你要不要我從台灣帶什麼東西給你?)
Don:Some of those delicious pineapple cakes that you always bring would be nice. (唐: 帶些妳每次都會帶的那種鳳梨酥應該蠻不錯的。)
Daphne:Of course! Is it OK if I visit your office on Wednesday, November 13? (戴芬妮:沒問題!我十一月十三號星期三到你的辦公室,可以嗎?)
Don:I’m sorry. We need to choose another time. I won’t be in the office that day. (唐: 真抱歉,我們得挑別的時間。我那天不在辦公室。)
Daphne:OK. How about the 14th or 15th? What day is convenient for you? (戴芬妮:好。那十四號或十五號呢?你哪天方便?)
Don:Either day is a convenient time for me. (唐: 我兩天都方便。)
Daphne:Great. Let’s make it November 14 at 2:00 p.m. (戴芬妮:太好了。我們就訂十一月十四號下午兩點吧。)
Don:November 14 at 2:00 p.m.? Sure. No problem. I look forward to seeing you then. (唐: 十一月十四號下午兩點?當然。沒問題。期待到時候和妳見面。)
必通詞彙與句型
I’d like to talk to you about (sth.). 我想跟你談談(某事物)。
I’m sorry, we need to choose another time. 抱歉,我們得找別的時間。
(Day/time) is a convenient time for me. (日子/時間)我比較方便。