| || || |
Dear Mr. Harrison,
Thank you for bringing this discussion to the readers of MarketWatch Insider. You make several valid points, but I am afraid I must disagree with your main claim. E-commerce will continue to grow, but retail outlets will never disappear for the simple reason 1 they offer numerous benefits unavailable to online shoppers.
- If you purchase online, you have to wait for the item to be delivered to you, and contrary to what you imply in your article, you will likely have to pay for shipping. If you require that the item 2 the next day, the shipping cost will be considerable. If you require a same-day purchase, a regular outlet is your only choice.
- Retail outlets offer the opportunity to "try before you buy." A small picture of a chair, swimsuit, or bicycle on your mobile phone isn't going to tell you how well the item fits your body. And if a purchased item doesn't fit, you must pack it up, take it to the post office, and return it to the seller. How convenient is that?
- It is impossible to adequately communicate touch and smell over the Internet. Colors on a computer screen often appear different than they 3 in real life. If you really want to know what you're spending your money on, you must experience the product first-hand.
- You do a disservice to salespeople by implying that they care more about sales quotas than they do satisfied customers. Most are entirely reputable and use the expertise they have developed in their field to guide customers to the products that best match their needs.
1. (A) that (B) which (C) what (D) why
2. (A) will arrive (B) to arrive (C) arrives (D) arrive
3. (A) are (B) do (C) can (D) would
1. 本題考正確之連接詞。首先，由於空格後之 "they offer numerous benefits unavailable to online shoppers" 「它們提供無數線上購物者無法得到的好處」為一完整之子句 ( 即不缺主詞或受詞 ) ，因此用來代替名詞的關係代名詞 "which" 和疑問詞 "what" 皆不可選。其次，因為空格後之子句在邏輯上並非用來「修飾」空格前的 "reason" 「原因、理由」，所以表「原因」之關係副詞 "why" 並非正確選項。本題應選可作為「純連接詞」之 (A) that ，用它來引導其後之「名詞子句」，作為 "reason" 之同位語。
2. 本題考正確之動詞形態。依文法，在動詞 "require" 「需要」之後之 "that 子句 "( 受詞子句 ) 中的動詞必須使用「原形」，故本題應選 (D) arrive 。
3. 本題考正確之助動詞。由前後文意來判斷，本句要表達的應該是「電腦螢幕上所呈現出的顏色常與實際的顏色不同」的意思，因此空格中應填入可作為「代動詞」的助動詞 "do"( 代替 "appear" 「顯現」 ) 。正確答案為 (B) 。