1465 Vagabond Road
Fairbanks , AK 99701
September 24, 2012
George Mallory, CEO
1940 L Street NW
Washington DC 20036
Dear Mr. Mallory,
I was very impressed by your keynote presentation at the National Conference for Nonprofit Organizations in February. I was especially pleased to learn that World Harvest engages in projects similar to work 1 with for the past ten years at Ageing Affairs. I can only imagine the amount of resumes you are receiving, but I hope you will consider mine carefully. I am very eager to work for World Harvest.
My experience 2 for elderly rights has given me unique experiences and insights that I believe would be of value to your organization. Some highlights of my career include:
- Founded Fairbanks Assistance Program to identify and assist low-income, elderly, and disabled residents
- Conceived and wrote, with State Representative Mark Lang, the first Alaskan statewide law safeguarding tax relief for elderly and disabled residents
- Named Fairbanks Monthly (local newspaper) "Person of the Year" for community service
I also have experience managing large-budget programs, supervising diverse teams of employees and volunteers, and overseeing fundraising events with over 1,200 attendees. Please see my attached résumé for details.
I would enjoy an opportunity to talk with you or someone in your organization to see where my skills would be 3 the greatest benefit to you. I will be in Washington DC again the week of May 15, and could meet you anytime.
1. (A) I've been involved (B) I've involved (C) I'd been involved (D) I'd involved
2. (A) to fight (B) fighting (C) that fights (D) that has fought
3. (A) in (B) on (C) to (D) of
1. 本題考主詞加正確之動詞形態。首先，由句中表時間的副詞片語 "for the past ten years" 「過去的十年」可知，相關的動詞應使用「現在完成式」。其次， "involve" 乃「及物動詞」，意思是「使捲入」、「使參與」，若主詞是「被捲入」或「參與」的人則必須使用「被動式」來表達。而由前後文意來看，主詞 "I" 應是參與了某種工作，故本題應選表「現在完成被動」之 (A) I've been involved 。
2. 本題考正確之主詞修飾語。由於主詞必定是名詞，因此其修飾語須具「形容詞」之功能，也就是說，其修飾語應是一「形容詞」、「形容詞片語」或「形容詞子句」。選項 (C) that fights 與 (D) that has fought 即為「形容詞子句」之形式，但是因為主詞 "My experience" 「我的經驗」既非人亦非動物，所以不可能 "fight" 「打鬥」、「奮鬥」，因此可先排除。選項 (A) to fight 則為「不定詞」加上其後的 "for elderly rights" 構成「不定詞片語」，可作「形容詞片語」用，但由於「不定詞」含「未來動作」之意涵，與 "experience" 「經驗」在邏輯上有衝突【經驗乃自「過去」所累積】，因此亦不可選。本題正確答案為「現在分詞」 (B) fighting 。【注意，「現在分詞」或同形式之「動名詞」皆有動作「已發生」之意涵。】而 "fighting for elderly rights" 「為爭取老年人的權益而奮鬥」為「現在分詞片語」，作為主詞 "My experience" 的修飾語。
3. 本題考正確之介系詞。由出現在空格前的 "skills" 「技巧」與出現在空格後的 "benefit" 「利益」來推斷，能最合理表達出兩者之關係的介系詞應為 (D) of ，而 "of the greatest benefit to you" 就是「對你最有益的」之意。【注意， "of + 名詞 = 形容詞 " ，例如： "of importance" 就是 "important" 之意。】