- 全國的 nation-wide例These contests are conducted throughout the whole country, and many people are participating.
改為：These nation-wide contests have drawn numerous participants.
- 破紀錄的 record-breaking例His speed has broken the record. It only took him three minutes to complete the event.
改為：His record-breaking speed was three minutes.
- 高調的 high-profile例Her high position in the government draws a lot of public attention.
改為：She has a high-profile government position.
- 低調的 low-profile例In order to protect yourself, try not to draw too much attention to yourself.
改為：Keeping your actions low-profile is a good idea.
- 人口稀少的 sparsely-populated例Even though there arent many people in the country, all of them look very happy.
改為：People in this sparsely-populated country seem content.
- 人口眾多的 heavily-populated例There are so many people living in India; meanwhile, India is becoming prosperous.
改為：Heavily-populated India is prospering.
※ 本文節錄自貝塔語言出版《English Writing Guide 英文寫作高分指引》作者：郭岱宗、盧逸禪、鄒政威